Welcome to Canaan Hardware and Supply!
After the fire in 1923 that burned downtown Canaan, Herbert Levi Webster and his 3 sons: Myrl, Lynn, and Harry built Webster and Sons Hardware and Supply.
In 1976, John Dow purchased the store from his grandfather Myrl Webster. When John changed the name of the store to "Canaan Hardware & Supply," he added to the electrical, plumbing and paint departments and remodeled the sales floor. These changes helped Canaan Hardware to keep serving the community for the next 30 years.
In 2005, John decided he needed a bigger and more central location for the store. So, he purchased the former site of Webster motors from his cousin Gifford Webster. With the assistance of over 100 volunteers he moved the merchandise from the old store into the newly built store.